Headphones are most comfortable for listening to music or for any type of meeting/call. Nowadays, everyone prefers headphones over normal earbuds.
The reason behind headphone’s popularity is their comforts, great new features, and also stylish look.
But we need a little bit of research to find the best headphones, including good quality, and features.
And after this research, we came with a Sennheiser HD 598 headphone that gives a dynamic performance.
But one question arises here that “Are these headphones made for you or not? “ or we can say that,
Who should buy it?
- Sennheiser Hd 598 is made for evaluating listening.
- Sennheiser Hd 598 made for neutral listening as provided with balanced bass.
- If you want a headphone for work of long hours, then you can use Sennheiser Hd 598 as they are very comfortable for long hours of work.
- Sennheiser Hd 598 is bulky and occupies space in your bag, so it’s not made for traveling.
- If you work from home then you can use it for your office work but for offline work, it has poor isolation.
What should you check while buying over-the-ear headphones?
As we know there are so many headphones available in the market but the headphone which contain the following features is known as the best headphone or the headphone which fulfill your requirement that you want from it.
So, let’s begin,
1. Drivers: The main component that of any headphone is the driver that converts the electrical signal into a sound signal that is heard by the human ear.
There are different types of drivers which use different technologies.
The different drivers are Dynamic drivers, balanced armature drivers, planar magnetic drivers, and electrostatic drivers.
1. Dynamic drivers: mostly used in all types of headphones.
2. Balanced armature drivers: used in small size in-ear headphones.
3. Planar magnetic drivers and electrostatic drivers: specially used for home over-ear headphones as they are the largest.
Since there are other factors that should be considered while buying headphones but drivers are donating factors especially for bass. As we know Sennheiser Hd 598 is over an ear kind of headphone so, for this type of headphones drivers are from 30-50 mm.
4. Closed and open-back: The headphones with closed-back are good as they do not leak sound but in open-back, the sound leak, and anyone can listen to that you are listening.
But still, the open-back gives you a better realistic listening experience and a more comfortable one while the closed-back headphones sound more in the head.
So, if you want a headphone that you can also use in a public place then choose closed-back but if it is for only listening purposes then use open-back.
5. Frequency response: It is another main factor for headphones.
Generally, the range to which the human year can hear frequencies is 20-20,000 Hz so, most of the headphones try to be in this range.
So, check the Frequency response also while buying headphones.
6. Imaging and sound staging: The meaning of this term in headphones is to create the impression of live performance while listening to any music. Good sound staging and imaging create a realistic, true listening experience.
7. Impedance: It is a term that represents the power needed to drive a pair of headphones. Normally its depends on your need that you want low impedance or high impedance headphones.
Low impedance needs less power to drive and can be used for low amplification sources like smartphones, etc.
But the high impedance headphones need large power and amplification.
15 ohms impedance is low and easy to drive, 50 ohms needs more amplification but now some smartphones and media players are designed to drive headphones with high impedance.
Frequently Asked Question :
Q: Are they wireless/Bluetooth connectable?
Q: How does the sound quality/reproduction compare with Bose QC 25?
Ans: HD 598 is an open-back Headphone in comparison to Bose QC 25 which is closed Back. The sound of HD 598 is much more balanced and sweet for long usage hours.
Overall, HD 598 is recommended for in-home usage and balanced sound stage while I would recommend Bose QC 25 for outdoor & Travel usage.